& Dangerous 2
V1.03 Patch readme. Notes and notice of improvements included in the patch:
• Occasional player respawn problems have been fixed.
• After destroying any vehicle in a deathmatch map it reappears after 40 seconds like it does in all occupation maps.
• Several crash issues have been fixed.
• Multiplayer character choice adjustments (30 characters for the Allies, 30 for the Axis).
• The same servers are no longer displayed twice after refreshing the server browser screen.
• Centring on the selected server in the server browser screen has been cancelled.
• In the Africa1_objective map, a new spawnpoint for the Allies has been added by the plane, several crates have been added all around the airport, Allies cannot select sniper rifles in the equipment menu in this map.
• In the Burma1_objective map, bunker loop holes have been adjusted, one occupation zone has been removed, another access path has been added, documents return to the original position in 15 seconds after being dropped to the ground.
• In the Czech6_occupation map, border collisions have been moved inwards and the starting position of the Krupp vehicle by the bunker has been adjusted.
• In the Alps1_occupation map, more access paths have been created and there have been some terrain adjustments and spawnpoint replacements.
• Panzerfausts and bazookas have been banned in all multiplayer maps without vehicles.
• You can now knife any player even while he is using a static weapon.
• Using rifles with optics balancing has been addressed.
• The command “Find Cover” has been adjusted.
• Several AI improvements.
• In Operation Snowball – Scout, a vanishing barrel and doors colliding with boxes and stands have been fixed.
• In Operation Nomad – Spaghetti Airport, an invisible crate and a problem concerning the documents have been fixed; furthermore, when the plane takes off, its explosives placement position hides itself.
Other improvements :
• An animation engine crash has been fixed.
• A crash due to invalid shot collisions has been fixed.
• A problem involving the immobility of a soldier being healed by a medic who was killed (singleplayer + multiplayer) has been fixed.
• Several text fixes.
New features :
• The Windows XP firewall port has been opened both for the game and for the Gamespy SDK.
• The server autorestart function has been added.
• Maximum ping settings and subsequent automatic kicking of players with high pings has been added.
• New multiplayer commands have been added:
“nextmap” - changes the map to the next one in the list or to the specified one.
“removemap” - removes the specified map from the list
“asay” administrator "say" command.
“maxinactivity” - will kick a player when he is inactive, not playing (default setting - 300 seconds). The "0" setting turns this feature off.
“maxfreq”- sets the maximum working
frequency of the server, default is 50. It should not be less than
“maxping” - sets the maximum ping allowed on the server. The "0" setting turns this feature off.
“allowvehicles“ - disables/enables all vehicles in the map after restarting the round. Possible values 0 or 1.
“autorestart“ - starts the server again after a crash (has to be entered before the server is created). Possible values 0 or 1.
• Various sound problems concerning SB sound cards in
combinations with certain drivers have been fixed.
• Map view adjustments – friendly players icons display also their last command or chat message (10 seconds).
• Chat communication and other information will be displayed in the dedicated server console.
• In multiplayer, promotions will improve player’s skills and on the other hand, degradations will decrease them.
• The dedicated server is disconnected from Direct X (except from DirectPlay) and does not need a graphic card - therefore there are lower PC requirements etc.
• The server name is displayed in the score box.
• The option of refreshing only a single server in the server browser screen is now available.
• The server browser screen displays also the number of on-line servers and people.